My Laptop Gave me an Actual Burn?

liammac001

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
So I was watching a long youtube video on my laptop in bed. I fell asleep and I woke with a burn on my finger. Is it possible that my laptop got hot enough to actually burn my finger, and even more unlikely, that I slept through it? My laptop is metal so it can get hot, but even on top of the fan vent has never gotten hot enough to burn. So anyways did my laptop burn me or did my body just malfunction or something?

liammac001

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014

I was just kidding with that, but I was confused as to how I slept through being burned.

liammac001

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014

I'll take your word for it. Thanks man.

lakimens

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013
On a serious note, I have a laptop ASUS K53SV, with a i7-2670QM, which is second gen, these thing get pretty hot.
Combine that with my GT540M, which also gets pretty hot, I can't hold my finger on the metal above the vent for more than a few seconds.
I can't imagine sleeping through it.

liammac001

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
My laptop doesn't get that hot, but I'm imagining that maybe after being on my bed all night with the bottom vents covered it started to heat up. I think in my sleep I closed by like rolling on to it or something since when I woke up it was in the exact same spot but closed, but according to you two it's not too unlikely. I guess I just happened to put one of my fingers near the vent in my sleep lol. Thanks again.