My laptop has been stuck on preparing automatic repair loop and its a lenovo 1 year old and idk i need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar516

Estimable
Oct 8, 2014
It's been stuck on a preparing automatic repair loop and then it say diagnosing ur pc and back to preparing and over and over again im tired of it i really need my laptop fixed and i can't buy a new one cuz my parent are gonna flip if i tell them i broke my lenovo 1 year old computer plz help im begging

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014
There is no need to get a new system at all... The easiest fix is to get a windows installation media dvd/usb/network and delete every partition when asked in order to make a new one (merge them all after having been re-formatted) for windows. You'll lose all your data though, and I am not listing any other 'possible' fixes as you probably wouldn't know where to begin (I just figured you are not good with computers by reading your post)

tldr; get a windows cd, when booting press f# (it should be displayed what to press) and select the windows CD. Everything from now on should be an easy graphical enviroment

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

They should've bundled one with your purchase, otherwise you'll have to buy a new windows CD which is about 80$ or 120$ depending on the version (64/32 bit, home, pro, etc)

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

If your laptop didn't come with restoration discs chances are the "Create recovery media" utility is installed on the laptop itself. Unfortunately if you cannot boot the laptop you cannot burn the recovery discs.

One thing you can try is take the battery out, unplug the AC adapter, press the power button 10 times, and on the 11th time hold the power button down for like 30 seconds. Let go of the power button and plug the AC adapter into the wall and into the laptop (leave the battery out still) and see if you can turn it on

Bolin

Estimable
Sep 8, 2014

I may be wrong but I think the recovery software is (usually) written in the bios, but I am not sure. Try searching for your model + recovery in google

About the CD, I don't know any stores near you, you can buy it directly from microsoft or go to amazon/newegg or some website you know. Video games shop usually have windows too. Do you have a microsoft store near you?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/buy

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009

Some have a recovery partition on the HDD with necessary utilities for restoration which can be accessed by pressing a certain function key... lenovo's are usually F11 i think...

OP try holding F11 when you boot your laptop and see if it goes into lenovo rescue & recovery

SkateArc

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

i just visited the lenovo website and it says at any point when the lenovo logo screen appears press F11 or even try F2 works on some models http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht036037.

SkateArc

Estimable
Oct 10, 2014

ok keep me up to date if it works :D

Love Zenabia

Estimable
Oct 26, 2014
[THIS IS A PROBLEM, NOT SOLUTION]

I have the same problem. My laptop is T400. I have auto repair loop. It does the loop and shuts off abruptly Then restarts loop. Sometimes I can see a mouse cursor (screen is black), but clicking does nothing. I tried the F4,9,11. It did not work for me. I don't know whats going on. Please help. I don't care if i loose info, I just want a working laptop again.

Troy2111

Estimable
Jan 31, 2015
Win recovery is on partition on hd. To enter bios on ideapad turn off via power button(actually hibernate) then press "novo" button located on side next to power button. Mines by headphone jack. From here u can enter recovery partition. I tried making recover usb boot drive with software to extract files before reinstalling win 8 but it has that stupid uefi so I can't get it to boot from usb with third party software on it. If I could get it to boot from usb I would be home free. Anyone know a work around?

aaustin

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
I had the same problem with my 4 month old lenovo y50. Suddenly, out of nowhere, stuck in automatic repair loop. I called lenovo and received shockingly bad customer service and tech support. They had me try Fix Startup, which didn't work. Then they said, we can't do anything more for you unless you pay $199premium support because we have no responsibility for software. I was hopping mad, but paid. Premium tech support had me try System Restore. That didn't work. And seriously, I told them I had already tried that. They said they would send me recovery discs in the mail, since of course those aren't supplied at purchase, and that I should go out and buy an external CD drive to reinstall the operating system. You know what? After I got off the phone, I looked it up online myself, clicked Refresh PC, and it worked. My games from Steam had been 'uninstalled' and put into a folder together, but the thing booted fine, all my files are there, I can make a system image now, back things up in case of further trouble. Yeah, just Refresh PC. I called and got my $199 back and they were rude and snarky for that too. Will not buy another Lenovo for that reason now.

Status
Not open for further replies.