My laptop keyboard won't work!

Tech_Man1

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015
My keyboard for my laptop won't work. I was working on something until some of the keys suddenly wouldn't work. I tried restarting it but it turned out that I accidentally switched the language but luckily I turned on the on-screen keyboard and I got in. The keyboard is pretty clean and I cleaned it but that didn't fix it. I also tried disconnecting all power sources but that didn't work either. I need help ASAP!
P.S.- I am doing this on a separate keyboard but I'd like a helper ASAP. Thanks!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in resolving the issue.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all those keys are working just fine using an external keyboard it's time to replace the keyboard.

Tech_Man1

Estimable
Nov 12, 2015

Hey! Thanks for your help, but it doesn't work. The only thing that works is the 2nd keyboard. But then if you may think that it is dirty or something, there was a problem where several keyboard things were not working such as n,the sideways buttons, and b. Other keyboard keys also were affected. Reply fast please!