Solved! my laptop my keyboard doesn't work not even with a usb keyboard plug in

Oct 29, 2018
im using a laptop and a lot of my keys. don't work all of the number keys, letter P both of my shift keys, i cleaned the laptop keys that didnt help they still dont work, so i went with a USB keyboard they keyboard works but the same keys that didnt work on the laptop keyboard didnt work on the usb one

Solution
Try uninstalling the keyboard driver, rebooting the computer (without reinstalling it) and then let the system install it for you when it restarts.

If that doesn't work, go into "Control Panel" and then "Keyboard" and check the settings in there.

Should both the above not help, then you may have an issue with the motherboard. Which could very well need replacing. So hoping it is resolved with one of the above. :)
Try uninstalling the keyboard driver, rebooting the computer (without reinstalling it) and then let the system install it for you when it restarts.

If that doesn't work, go into "Control Panel" and then "Keyboard" and check the settings in there.

Should both the above not help, then you may have an issue with the motherboard. Which could very well need replacing. So hoping it is resolved with one of the above. :)

Solution