Question My laptop screen frame pops out.

Aug 10, 2021
I recently noticed that I can't close my laptop because of a small crack. The screen works normally like nothing happened, but I need to bring it to other places. How can I fix it?
I have an Asus VivoBook X412F.

My english may not be accurated (I'm italian).

AlHuneke

Commendable
Jul 7, 2020
I would first try to use my fingers near the edge of the display where the crack is and press hard, trying to pop the crack back into position. It is possible the damage is more severe, but it appears to be well away from the hinge mechanism. If this doesn't work, it's time for a repair shop. I would be skeptical if they told me an expensive repair was needed!

I've dropped my laptop a few times and things can pop apart when this happens. Usually, it will snap back together enough to work OK.

Aug 10, 2021
I would first try to use my fingers near the edge of the display where the crack is and press hard, trying to pop the crack back into position. It is possible the damage is more severe, but it appears to be well away from the hinge mechanism. If this doesn't work, it's time for a repair shop. I would be skeptical if they told me an expensive repair was needed!

I've dropped my laptop a few times and things can pop apart when this happens. Usually, it will snap back together enough to work OK.
I've already tried that but it pops out again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 2
123abcde Laptop General Discussion 9
sheng-an Laptop General Discussion 5
J Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 4
thechangedguy Laptop General Discussion 2
R Laptop General Discussion 4
E Laptop General Discussion 2
Ezat Hassan Laptop General Discussion 5
Rishonk Laptop General Discussion 2