Solved! My Laptop Screen is Black but its working when i connect to a differnt monitor

niranjan21

Prominent
Feb 3, 2018
Dear All,
After some recent windows 10 update my laptop screen is black now. I tried connecting it to different monitor and it's working.
I tried many things like hard reset and windows and hp drivers update but still no use.
Today i re-installed the windows OS but still it's not working. What I observed is a black screen with a very visible view hardly can see icon in the screen.
Below is my laptop model: It's still under warranty. So, kindly suggest, i live in country poland.

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4102ne (ENERGY STAR)

Regards,
Ghosh

Solution
Hi, what you have is the backlight does not turn on, the problem may be the motherboard or the cable for the screen or the screen itself. What you can try before sending it for warranty is to flash the BIOS, even if it is the most recent.
Hi, what you have is the backlight does not turn on, the problem may be the motherboard or the cable for the screen or the screen itself. What you can try before sending it for warranty is to flash the BIOS, even if it is the most recent.

Solution