My laptop screen went blackout but has color pink green and black

CoolRobinGamer

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016
This happend to me earlier i was playing some games in my laptop then when i was playing the screen went purple the it like flashed at me then i can only see a little bit better on the upper part of my laptop screen please idk what to do?!?!

Little backround:
-my pc screen is has pink screen already before it happend
-I tried pressing the screen when the pink screen happend.
-my pc is 2 years old
And also i havent done any rebooting yet because i did not know what to do
I tried external monitor plugging it did nothing so please please

help me

Solution
By having an external monitor hooked up, did you press the corresponding keys to switch?

For the laptop screen, can you try removing it and check the cable for damages. If you think there's none, hook it back in and make sure it's firmly seated.

ScreenSurgeons1

Commendable
May 3, 2016
By having an external monitor hooked up, did you press the corresponding keys to switch?

For the laptop screen, can you try removing it and check the cable for damages. If you think there's none, hook it back in and make sure it's firmly seated.

Solution

Joe_161

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Possible cause could be if the laptop had poor ventilation and has over heated. This happens on laptops with dedicated graphics due to the way they are manufactured. Often they are ball soldered onto the mainboard which over time comes loose or cracks. When this happens, time to buy a new laptop.

I would think you would know if there was any physical damage to the screen.

CoolRobinGamer

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016

No just plugged it in and i didnt pressed any button but thank you for answering

CoolRobinGamer

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016

I tried it again its normal now on the external screen but still the laptop screen is still pink violet and you know.

CoolRobinGamer

Estimable
Jul 3, 2016
Little update and info guys my laptop is toshiba satelitte C50-A and when i tried plugging it to an external monitor it worked perfectly but the laptop monitor is still pink and violet and blurred. And also i tried the draining method and switching of rams to other slots well it didnt work thou i hope you guys help me :D