My Laptop screen wont turn on after graphics card update

kent21

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
I have an Acer Aspire V5-122 and earlier I updated its video card driver. As I remember the new driver was called AMD Crimson update 16.3.2 and was the suitable driver update for my laptop. When it was done installing it said that it needed to restart and when it did. It never opened. The power indicator is on but the screen is completely black. I tried force shutting down and turning it on again but it didnt work. I need help please

Solution

Hi Kent how's your Laptop now? If not displaying until now you need to open the case and fine the BIOS battery and remove it so that it will back to factory default and you can press F8 for safemode to restore your OS. If you can't do this find a service center to perform this.

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015
Hi kent you experience no display of your computer, try to open the Memory compartment of your laptop at the back, remove the RAM modules is the memory slot, then reinsert it again. Then power up your laptop if it will display. Be sure to insert it properly the RAM in memory slot. Tell me here what happen after you perform this.

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

Yes kent use a screw driver to remove the screws, at the back there are two compartment one is the RAM and 2nd is the HDD. I will to find videos in YouTube so that you can follow it

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

You remove also the battery?If not try to remove the battery and the RAM, this time clean the contact pin, the gold color of your RAM modules using the pencil eraser. Then be sure you inserted it back correctly and lock it properly in the slot.

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

Hi Kent, in this situation, if your not experience technician of Laptop, you need an experts to do the dismantle of your laptop. Because your laptop have problem of the gpu chipset and that located in the mainboard. So I recommend to bring it in service center near to you. How many years this laptop serving you kent?

combinebasic

Estimable
Dec 23, 2015

Hi Kent sorry, no other solution, dismantling your Laptop is very risky to those who are not experience technician. To the safety of your laptop that it will recover back, bring it to the service center or a person who know in it.

zer0c00l587

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
I'm curious if this laptop has a removable cmos battery, which if it does, will removing the cmos battery, ram and main battery for 3+- hours force the laptop back to factory default in the bios. Its possible that it may now power on with the ability to get into safe mode for system restore procedure or reinstall of the OS.

lakersbk

Commendable
Jun 19, 2016
I have the same problem right now with my ASUS. I made the amd update as well now. I can't open my laptop again. Just black screen no loading, no light. Only machine sounds are coming. Did u fix ? How we can fix ?