Solved! My laptop shuts down when I close the lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitsmasher

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
Whenever I close my lid on my laptop or click sleep on my laptop, it unexpectedly shuts down and reboots.

First off, my computer has a brand new hard drive (It broke so I replaced it with the identical model) and installed Windows with the bootable media available through Microsoft. I installed about every driver that existed for my laptop through the website of the manufacturer. Also, I know that it's not a power options problem because I already have them set to sleep. I've contacted Asus support, so I've tried booting in safe mode, installing Intel drivers, etc. Still, nothing works. Keep in mind a few weeks before my hard drive broke for different reasons I had installed the GRUB bootloader to dual boot Ubuntu Linux on an external hard drive.

Now some info:
Model: Asus Q302LA Laptop (Released 2014)
Windows 10 (Up to date)
Toshiba 500GB Hard Drive

Thanks ahead of time.

Solution
Update: Fixed the problem: As I thought, I had to reflash the computer with the BIOS (the same version) and within seconds my computer was back to normal. I used WinFlash to reflash the laptop.

circuitsmasher

Prominent
Mar 13, 2017
Update: Fixed the problem: As I thought, I had to reflash the computer with the BIOS (the same version) and within seconds my computer was back to normal. I used WinFlash to reflash the laptop.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.