Question My laptop turns off after a click sound - Water spilled

Nov 21, 2020
Hi guys. 2 days ago, my bottle slipped on the table and water got spilled over my laptop. I quickly switched it off but my impatient soul tried to open it after 15 mins, it worked but gradually screen started to fade and I quickly turn if off again. Since then, when I try to switch on my laptop, screen doesn't show up but system does open, sometimes its working and sometimes a click sound appears and it turns off.

Click sound can be heard clearly at the end of the video.

Here is a short video:
View: https://youtu.be/bgXtP2vNkgs

Can you help me with the diagnosis of the issue so that I could replace that part. Laptop has void warranty and I can open up parts of laptop.

Last edited:

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
are you able to get into bios? what about an external monitor? should have left it alone for a few days. just about no way to give any type of diagnostic online. It will require someone to open it and look.

Nov 21, 2020
I cannot see the display so not sure if I can enter into bios. You are right, I should have left it for few days but it is now what it is. How would I know what does the click sound refer too and what possible thing is damaged?

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
as I already asked, can you see it with an external monitor? If you don't have one, use your tv. also as I already mentioned, someone will have to look at it to pinpoint where the clicking is coming from. the clicking could be several things including the fans

Nov 21, 2020
I have an update, so I removed the battery from laptop and powering only with adapter, now I cannot hear the click voice and the laptop is not switching off abruptly. I just cannot see the display. Do you know what does it mean?