my lenovo thinkpad E550 turns on, but the screen is completely black. I have already taken out the battery, unplugged it all,

Rebecca_5

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
I just received a lenovo laptop for work, and i can't get it to turn on. I hit the power button, the harddrive and everything turns on but the screen is completely black. Before I go running to my supervisor, I just want to make sure I am not overlooking something.

Solution
Sounds like there could be a faulty connection with the display. But that would require the laptop to be partially taken apart to be sure. Does it make any sounds like beeps? Different combinations of beeps indicates potential faults; must refer to user manual / service manual to determine that.

Just tell your supervisor of the problem. Perhaps there is another laptop they can provide you.
Sounds like there could be a faulty connection with the display. But that would require the laptop to be partially taken apart to be sure. Does it make any sounds like beeps? Different combinations of beeps indicates potential faults; must refer to user manual / service manual to determine that.

Just tell your supervisor of the problem. Perhaps there is another laptop they can provide you.

Solution