my memory card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
I have an 8 gigabite full memory card, I can see the pictures but when I went upload them on the computer it doesnt snow anything, but it shows how much space is taken up (like 400KB remaining). Again I can see the pics on the card real well and it works well, but I didnt slide the lock switch whats going on?

Solution
You're stilll only giving part of the question I had, how are you trying to see the pictures? Is the device showing a drive letter in My Computer? Saying you "clicked in the box" does not mean anything unless you say what this box was. Did you try taking the card out and using a card reader? Your cable or camera USB connection could be bad. If you did not try an external reader, do that.

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

They show on the Camera and CAN be viewed. but the computer doesnt show anything when I click in the box. but it shows how much space is taken up whats going on?

So only viewed on the camera? Or in the computer as well but you just can't import anything? Using what software? If it shows up as a drive letter in My Computer can you open it and browse to the pictures? Have you tried with a card reader and a USB cable from the camera to the PC?

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
can anyone help me?? I tried a usb cable from my camera to the computer and the computer doesnt see the pictures. BUT I can totally see the pictures in the camera. its 8 gb and full.

You did not say how you are trying to view the pictures. Is the camera or card showing up as a drive letter in My Computer? Or are you just trying to use some photo viewer program? Did you try in another computer?

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

I tried another. I have the card in the camera and it views the pictures well. it only shows in the camera. its not write protected. Its in a NIXON CAMERA. but when the computer showed nothing, before I clicked in the box, it said how much space is taken up in the memory card.

You're stilll only giving part of the question I had, how are you trying to see the pictures? Is the device showing a drive letter in My Computer? Saying you "clicked in the box" does not mean anything unless you say what this box was. Did you try taking the card out and using a card reader? Your cable or camera USB connection could be bad. If you did not try an external reader, do that.

Solution

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
by camera and viewing them. the box was I plugged it in the computer but it showed how much space is taken in the memry card and I clicked i nto the L28 or something box and said no information. whats going on?? are the pictures gone? its in a nixon camera

I dont want to take it to Best buy as that Geek Squad wont know anything and it will all be nothing but guesses.

You're not giving enough details to figure out the issue. Go step by step with exact messages. You plug the camera into the PC and then what happens? Do you hear the sound that it detects it? Does the drive letter for it come up in My Computer? Do you get a pop up from Windows about what to do with the new device? Try taking out the memory card and read it with an external card reader. Bring it over to a CVS or someplace that prints out photos and see if they can read and print them.

It seems like you are only reading half of what I am trying to say or just having problems understanding it.

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014

I said I plugged it in the computer and it shows no info. I didnt try a card reader. I can see the pics on the memory card. but again it doesnt show the pics on the computer!!!!! Are the pictures gone forever??? are they?

also can filling up a memory stick destroy the pictures forever?

danfifepsu31

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
are the pics gone forever? Why did BEst Buy GEEK squad say its prob (They havent looked at it) the format of the camera and there is no way I Will ever get the pictures off the card and the card is the only way to see them!

If you did not try a card reader, do that, you continue to only read part of the replies. The issue can be with the camera interface because you still did not answer if you can see the camera as a drive in My Computer and what happens when you try to open the drive. We need details to work on issues, not general things like "I connect it and it does not work". I gave you a bunch of things to try and test, did you do them?

If you can see the pictures in the camera they are fine. If the camera can read them, some other device can read them and print/save them.

They normally are not the best place to check with, people go there just because they know about them not because they are good. Go though what I wrote to check.

Also try a CVS (or any other place that has commercial systems for photo printing), they have photo people that can help you at least print out the photos in the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.