Solved! My mic doesn't work... pls help

Aug 6, 2019
I've plugged in my headset with a headset splitter and i can hear things but cannot speak. When i'm in discord with my friends they can hear what i'm listening to quietly. I know my mic works as when i'm on PS4 it works fine. I watched many videos on how to fix my mic but none of them work. It says my mic is plugged in but no sound is coming out and my drivers are updated. Please help cause i have to use snapchat to communicate. I've tried it in other games and apps (CS:GO and Audacity) but my mic is still not working. My mic worked perfectly before on PC but now is not doing anything. Thanks

Last edited:
Solution
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Click the "Recording" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Now if you can't get it to show in there, and it still isn't working while connected through the 3.5mm port, it is possible that the port isn't dual (input/output) or that it is a cheap version (happens a lot) and will not work with all dual devices. If that is the case, you can try...
If your microphone isn't working, try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
  2. Click on "Sound".
  3. Click the "Recording" tab.
  4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
  5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
  6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
  7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
  8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Now if you can't get it to show in there, and it still isn't working while connected through the 3.5mm port, it is possible that the port isn't dual (input/output) or that it is a cheap version (happens a lot) and will not work with all dual devices. If that is the case, you can try using a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through that. Those adapters can be bought with a single 3.5mm port or a dual one and are quite cheap.

Solution