My microphone is picking up all my PC sounds, YouTube, game sounds and everything!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archillect

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015
I recently tried to fix my Cloud 2 headphones since my mic output was always low. So, I bought some accessories to see if i could fix it but starting today my friend could hear my YouTube videos and sounds, everything i did, basically. I'm not sure whats causing this. O already looked through Google but still no fix ;-;

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Right click on your audio icon on taskbar, recording devices, select device and hit properties, go to listen tab and make sure "Listen to this deice" is not checked.

You should also have both items checked for Exclusive mode in the advanced tab.

Archillect

Estimable
Jul 27, 2015

Where would i find that ?

Right click on your audio icon on taskbar, recording devices, select device and hit properties, go to listen tab and make sure "Listen to this deice" is not checked.

You should also have both items checked for Exclusive mode in the advanced tab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

Dread690

Commendable
Dec 31, 2016

I have done all of that, and it still doesnt work, please help. i made a thread about it. Please help, im frustrated

Can you give me a link to thread then.

luckeR

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hello, I am having exactly the same problem.. maybe you have already fixed the problem and can you share how? Thanks a lot.. it drives me crazy already :X (I am not Z370 Gigabyte AORUS Gaming 7)

Feb 10, 2018

Same here, guys. It seems that something with a Windows 10 update has caused this to happen (at least in my case), as there haven't been any other changes.

I've also disabled all other input and output devices..but it still plays all sounds through the mic channel (so that when in teamspeak/chat/etc, everyone hears themselves when I have it on continuous transmission..but also hears my in-game or other system sounds, in addition to my voice).

The 'listen to this device' has never been checked, and I made sure to double-check that as well.

Mar 1, 2018
This helped me. I'm 100 sure you guys using realtek driver.
1.step uninstall realtek sh*t
2.step use stock win 10 driver
3.step plug your headphone into front panel
4.step configure your headphone
5.step enjoy

Mar 8, 2018
Was having the same problem, and for me it ended up not being the headphones or windows at all!

It was my computer case.

My case had front 3.5mm jacks for headphones/mic which is what I was using. Switching the headphones to the actual motherboard jacks in the back fixed the problem.

Mar 11, 2018
I found a weird solution to the problem, I used a 3.5mm stereo headphone splitter and it worked. It was something like this https://www.amazon.in/Dealsplant-Headphone-Earphone-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B078KBLS5T/
I don't know much about headphones, but I think the three black lines in our headphones cause that problem. ( The splitter has two lines)

Mar 18, 2018
New computer and new headset, (Razor ManO'war 7.1)

When talking with people, they can hear my computer sound like Youtube or games, and really clearly.

my headset is using USB. I tried connecting it to different USB port and it didn't change anything.
Also my headset is one device (Speaker / Micro) so I can't separate it.

Jun 8, 2018
I still have that problem. I'm using headset on a laptop and the headset's mic captures internal PC audio along with my voice (and it captures the audio even when the microphone is muted)....
My laptop has combined 3,5mm jack input. What should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.