My new tablet is not finding my home wifi

Aug 15, 2018
I just recently bought a au qua tab. Without finding my own wifi it is finding the other networks around me. My wifi is not getting visiable.

Is your WiFi perhaps hidden? If so then that would cause it.

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".

Is your WiFi perhaps hidden? If so then that would cause it.

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Android Tablets 3
S Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
M Android Tablets 1
J Android Tablets 1
N Android Tablets 1
L Android Tablets 1
L Android Tablets 2
M Android Tablets 1
L Android Tablets 3