My next book lights up says next book then shuts off won't charge yellow light staying on

susan.schanlaub55

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
Can't get my next book to come on it lights up says next book shows dead battery and shuts off yellow light staying on.wont charge.tried cleaning contacts.??

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. Unplug your charger cord.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
4. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
5. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop. You may also want to try charging it when the device is off, rather than on. If it works then, the cord is probably the issue.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

NOTE: While the battery may be complicated to get to, it should be removable/replaceable. Unless it is under warranty, then you should contact the manufacturer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
charliesfrt Laptop Tech Support 0
U Laptop Tech Support 5
janinepangan Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
Z Laptop Tech Support 3
F Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1