Solved! My PC flipped over and it boots up, but the monitor screen is black.

Dec 2, 2019
I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to put this in as it revolves around desktop PC's not a laptop. But, I don't know where to put this thread and I desperately need help.

My PC has an intel i7 and gtx 1080 ti.

Recently, the headphone cord got stuck onto my chair as I rolled away on it. Causing the pc to fall on my desk, scared out of my mind. I ran towards the PC and put it back while it was on. Now it just boots up with a black monitor screen. I've looked at previous posts and checked my CPU heatsink and it works. I've also taken out my RAM and put it back in. I don't know what to do PLEASE HELP!

Solution
Tomshardware.com is usually the place for desktop PCs and others, but that´s no problem. We can find a solution here as well.

Check the GPU´s power cables, as well as the monitor cable. All other cables and connections too.

Is it a hard drive (HDD) or SSD from which you are booting from? If SSD, is it connected by SATA cable or installed into a M.2 slot?
Tomshardware.com is usually the place for desktop PCs and others, but that´s no problem. We can find a solution here as well.

Check the GPU´s power cables, as well as the monitor cable. All other cables and connections too.

Is it a hard drive (HDD) or SSD from which you are booting from? If SSD, is it connected by SATA cable or installed into a M.2 slot?

Solution