My PC keeps automatically typing everywhere the letter “ù” or the symbol “%” without stopping

Omega Force

Estimable
May 13, 2015
Hello.

I’m using a MSI GT70 on Windows 8.

Since yesterday morning my laptop keeps automatically typing everywhere the letter “ù” or the symbol “%” without stopping.

When I try to type something anywhere, like on Gmail, on the Google Search bar, on Word, or on any Forum, my computer starts typing this uncontrollably: ùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùùù
or this: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Both of these two characters are located on the same key. I use an AZERTY keyboard.

broken_key.png

I have tried to remove the key and to clean it by blowing on it, but that didn’t solve the problem.

Yesterday morning the problem lasted for about two hours, then the problem stopped.

But this morning the problem came back, and after 30 minutes it stopped again.

I have run a full scan of my computer by Kaspersky Total Security and he didn’t find any virus.

Please help.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Obasi Miracle

Estimable
May 13, 2015
A button on your keyboard seems to be depressed, remove the screws underneath the battery and gently disconnect the keyboard.

Turn on without the keyboard and use the onscreen for a while - if this problem doesn't persist, clean the keyboard and re-insert again or use external keyboard until there's a replacement