my pc says plugged in charging 0% available...after unplugging pc gets shutdown....please tell me how solve this problem?

deepu1432

Estimable
Jan 22, 2016
my laptop name asus x550 ..it is one and half year old,now it says 0% available charging even after i plugged in but its not charging...please provide me solution to fix this problem....

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
It sounds like your battery cells are dead, therefore they will not charge. Since your laptop is only 6 months old, the battery could be dead due to leaving the system in hibernation mode for extended periods, or not discharging the battery fully before recharging repeatedly.

It could also elude to an issue with the power adapter/charger. Is it the original charger? It could just be faulty and not providing enough current to charge the battery. Although I would suspect the battery if your laptop is functioning with the power adapter plugged in.

You will probably have to invest in a new battery. You should ensure to get an OEM (Official Equipment Manufacturer) battery for your laptop make/model and not a cheaper non-OEM one, because they never last as long as OEM versions. You get what you pay for.

Someone Somewhere

Dignified
How long did you leave it to charge? If you completely emptied the battery, it may need to re-charge for some time before the counter starts working properly.

Are you using the power brick that came with it? Ones for other models, or aftermarket ones, sometimes don't provide enough power to both run the laptop and charge the battery.

Neur0nauT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
It sounds like your battery cells are dead, therefore they will not charge. Since your laptop is only 6 months old, the battery could be dead due to leaving the system in hibernation mode for extended periods, or not discharging the battery fully before recharging repeatedly.

It could also elude to an issue with the power adapter/charger. Is it the original charger? It could just be faulty and not providing enough current to charge the battery. Although I would suspect the battery if your laptop is functioning with the power adapter plugged in.

You will probably have to invest in a new battery. You should ensure to get an OEM (Official Equipment Manufacturer) battery for your laptop make/model and not a cheaper non-OEM one, because they never last as long as OEM versions. You get what you pay for.

Naveno

Prominent
Jun 21, 2017

Bro, I have the same problem just like you, I x550jx, roughly 1.5 years and now stuck in 0%, plugged in charging, but actually not charging..

There was a momen though when I tried uninstalled the microsoft AC adapter and in a blink it appears that the battery is in a low level, then it disappears..
I'm actually confused what really happens to my laptop..
Is it the software problem or the battery problem?

And I would like to ask you, have you find a solution to it?

Thanks bro!

mrnamsofficial

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
I have same problem,laptop works well with power adapter.
When i test voltage across laptop battery charging port,then it shows 0volts,does it mean that charging unit is broken??
anyone know how to test whether charging unit working or not,i do not want buy new battery until i confirm that its battery problem.
What is voltage between end ports of laptop battery connector ports?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Laptop Tech Support 2
ruslruslrusl1 Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 0
alexdharriss Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1