Solved! My phone won't stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicy1

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
I have a samsung note 5 and today all of a sudden it started going off when i unplug the charger. It goes off after a few mins. I don't understand why this is happening. When it shuts down, it restarts itself, as soon as the AT&T logo shows, it goes off again. If it's plugged in, it will stay on.

It could be a number of things from software to hardware.

Try turning off data when you turn on the WiFi and see if that resolves it. Some devices do not like running both at the same time.

Additionally, you may want to see if it is actually caused by something on the phone. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. Try turning off the phone and then start it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will allow you to turn in the WiFi while in there. If it does, and the phone stays on, then you have something on the phone you need to remove.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Nicy1

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013
It could be a number of things from software to hardware.

Try turning off data when you turn on the WiFi and see if that resolves it. Some devices do not like running both at the same time.

Additionally, you may want to see if it is actually caused by something on the phone. Bad app, virus, malware, etc. Try turning off the phone and then start it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will allow you to turn in the WiFi while in there. If it does, and the phone stays on, then you have something on the phone you need to remove.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

I did that but it didnt work. this is the first time it has done this. battery status is good. this happened after my phone died, i left it off to charge it. when i turned it back on it wouldnt stay on without the charging.

Status
Not open for further replies.