My Samsung Galaxy tablet is runnng phantom program.

JoelBG

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet acquired a very nasty virus that demaned I install additional "antivirus" software from Goggle Play. Avast antivirus did not even detect this virus, so I returned my tablet to its original factory condition and assumed the virus was gone.
Now, however, my tablet's CPU and most of its memory frequently are taken over by some phantom program that runs in the background and completely freezes the my tablet's screen.
I've checked which background programs by tablet is running in Smart Manager and cleared them completely from memory and and none of them appear strange or possibly harmful. I've also checked my dowload folder and nothing appears there.
Is it possible the virus is STILL hiding in my system and is being activated by remote control over my Wfi network, And is there any other way to detect what program takes over my tablet's CPU?

JoelBG

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

JoelBG

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
I'll keep you posted on any progress coping with my tablet's strange behavior. But I assume the collective knowledge and experience of the readers of this forum outweighs that of the Samsung technical support team.

I'm looking for a way to identify what program or process my tablet is running when it takes all my tablet's memory.

JoelBG

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016

I'll keep you posted, butI assume the collective knowedge and experence of the readers of this forum exceeds that of Samsung technical support.

Thanks for your interest in my problem.