My SD card has room because I haven't download anything on it. But my phone keeps telling me it had no space on it

Solution
Just having the SD card in the phone does not increase the default internal storage automatically. Do you have an option to format the card as internal storage? You can set the default picture and movie location to the card using the camera app, and you can check in the programs settings to move some to the SD card that have that option enabled.
Just having the SD card in the phone does not increase the default internal storage automatically. Do you have an option to format the card as internal storage? You can set the default picture and movie location to the card using the camera app, and you can check in the programs settings to move some to the SD card that have that option enabled.

Solution

t99

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
what phone do you have? I would bet that it has either 4 or 8gb of internal memory. I see this all the time with these phones that have so little storage to start. So a 4gb phone has basically 0mb free after accounting for all the crap they put on the phone. 8gb will have 1-3gb free depending on the manufacturer and carrier.

Either way once this happens your basically screwed. It doesn't matter that you have installed 0 apps or have a 2tb microsd card. You can only move some apps off of the phone to the sd card and the selection is slim. See how much storage you have, if it's a 4 or 8gb then try to return it if you can and get a 16gb.

The manufacturers are finally coming around. It's starting to get rare to find a 4gb phone at any store compared to 1 year ago they were everywhere. As of the last few months even 8gb is going out and 16gb for only a few $ more have been replacing it.