Solved! My Sharp Aquos TV won't turn on after a power outage.

Aug 26, 2019
Whenever the power goes out in my house, my TV won't turn on. Normally it would have a red light on when the TV is off but nothing's there. After a couple of weeks has passed, the TV will start to work again. My TV is Sharp brand and is a Aquos version. Can someone tell me how to fix this to where it won't happen again?

Solution
We have using a surge protector since we bought the TV new and it's been doing it ever since.

Then try a UPS so the power does not die to the TV, although a surge protector should be enough to prevent power damage to it. Don't know what you can do to make it so it does not do this every time, probably would need to replace the power and/or system boards.
We have using a surge protector since we bought the TV new and it's been doing it ever since.

Then try a UPS so the power does not die to the TV, although a surge protector should be enough to prevent power damage to it. Don't know what you can do to make it so it does not do this every time, probably would need to replace the power and/or system boards.

Solution
Aug 26, 2019
I think it's something to do with the power/system boards. Buying those will be very expensive so I'll just wait until I have enough money to buy another TV.

Oct 17, 2019
If your so inclined, there's a chance that your model TV has a "watch" battery somewhere. Take the back of and look for a quarter size battery. Replace that. Good luck.