My speakers are acting like my microphone

tomdad4

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
I'm using the Tritton Ark 100 headset when I plug the aux cable into the mic slot my speakers become the mic also when I turn the headset on and use the sound slot only one side works but if I turn it off both sides work.

[OS=Windows10]

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016

You can create a new thread about your mic problems now that you have your speaker issue worked out. In the new thread describe exactly what is going on with your mic.

tomdad4

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
can you read the title i had no problem with the speakers it always worked fine in the speaker slot unless powered on but just when i plug it into the mic slot the speakers act like the mic

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016

That is exactly how they are designed to work. I already explained to you upthread that when you plug a speaker into the mic jack that they are SUPPOSE to act like a mic.

You said that now you are having mic problems. What kind of mic problems are you having?

Rocky Bennett

Respectable
May 25, 2016
Hello tomdad4,
I showed this thread to a few guys today at lunch and the number one question that everyone asked was

1. Why are you plugging speakers into a mic jack?

If you are aware of the laws of physics and you understand that all speakers have the potential to act as mic, then

2. What are you trying to achieve by plugging speakers into a mic jack?

Also, you said that you are having some kind of mic problems.

3. What kind of mic problems are you having and is it related to your question regarding speakers?