My Surround Sound System

Esha__3094

Estimable
Feb 4, 2016
My surround sound has recently stopped working and I don't know why. Everything was working properly until I plugged up the yellow chord into the back of the DVD player that's labeled video out and now the surround system, does not work for my TV. It works for the DVD player but not the TV. I have Directv and a Sony surround system. Should i have plugged the yellow chord into the video out???? because that's the only way my DVD would show a picture because it kept saying no signal until i plugged that chord into the back of the DVD player. It wasn't plugged up to anything before then. PLEASE HELP

Can't sort out what you plugged in where, what connection on the surround sound system is used with the DVD player? How is everything wired?

Did you change the inputs on the receiver from the DVD to the TV inputs? The video out from the DVD player should go to the video in on the receiver and the receiver then connects to the TV. Unless you have the inputs going to the TV and only the audio out is going to the receiver.