My Tab 4 Won't Turn On

Shiro Yukimura

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016
Before you even ask, YES I tried every combo of buttons for OVER 10 seconds and nothing happened. Also, I noticed that the IR blaster is heating up because it seems to be flashing as though it's trying to send a signal to something. How do I fix this?

And NO I CANNOT remove the back cover to get to the battery, it's a full cover and is not made to be opened.

Solution
Yes, most Samsung cords are, but sometimes their devices are picky. That said, if you are sure the cord isn't the problem then that leaves the battery.
Have you tried a different charger cord to make sure that isn't the problem?

Most tablets are made to make the battery not easy to access, but they are accessible, just not without care and effort.

That said, if it is under warranty, then you need to contact the manufacturer as doing any work to it, or getting someone else to do any work on it, would void your warranty.

If it isn't under warranty, then you have the option of trying to replace the battery yourself (just be careful) or taking it to a shop to have it repaired/replaced.

Shiro Yukimura

Commendable
Oct 4, 2016

I can't find the cord it came with, besides Samsung cables are universal for the most part. Also, it's 3 years old. I highly doubt it's still under warranty. Also, the cover wraps fully around the device and buttons. I'd need special tools to open it.