My toshiba laptop frequently restart when its running on power supply but its ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiss

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
I have a toshiba laptop and its running fine when its run on battery but when i plug into power source then its frequently restarting.
Its really makes me a mess,please help me to out of such pain

Jiss

Solution
Turn off the laptop, Use a compressed air can the blow through the vent. You may have a lot of dust bunny fly out. After you clean your laptop should be fine. Toshiba is known to get overheat, base on my experience.

yeungl

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Turn off the laptop, Use a compressed air can the blow through the vent. You may have a lot of dust bunny fly out. After you clean your laptop should be fine. Toshiba is known to get overheat, base on my experience.

Solution

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Jiss, have you noticed anything wrong with the power supply for the laptop? What i mean is, are there any visible cuts/wires showing on the power cord? How about the part that connects to your laptop (the power plug) look? DOes it look bent or damaged?

What kind of laptop is it?

How old is it?

Is it second hand?

Have you tried looking in the system tools - event viewer - Windows logs - system or application to see if anything comes up at the time of restart?

Jiss

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Thanks you all for your reply but i have solved the problem getting help from another forum......i had to disable one of processor as my lappy is duel core CPU.
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.