My Toshiba laptop says enter boot disk and press any key, I do not have a boot disk. I have tried pushing zero I have tried

Sandiwill1

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
OK I dropped my husbands laptop now nothing loads up it was working perfectly fine and I dropped it .The screen didn't break, nothing like that but when you turn it on. Well that's a whole different story, I've got check cable connection which I've done , no bootable device insert boot disk and press any , if I have a boot disk I would've inserted it a long time ago. I have tried taking the battery out & puting in the battery back in, I have tried pushing zero I have tried everything that I can think of but I'm still on that black screen and nothing will take me .
help please
Sandi

Solution
The drop might have disconnected the hard drive. On the base of the laptop, if you see a small 4" x 2" hatch, disconnect from the mains and unscrew that hatch. If the drive isn't in straight, correct that and pop the hatch back on before trying to start the machine.

The hatch might be larger than that and not necessarily square or rectangular. If it is an unregular shape, ease it off gently and take care when replacing it not to break any of the little tags on the edges.
The drop might have disconnected the hard drive. On the base of the laptop, if you see a small 4" x 2" hatch, disconnect from the mains and unscrew that hatch. If the drive isn't in straight, correct that and pop the hatch back on before trying to start the machine.

The hatch might be larger than that and not necessarily square or rectangular. If it is an unregular shape, ease it off gently and take care when replacing it not to break any of the little tags on the edges.

Solution