My toshiba laptop wont connect to wifi. It says not internet secured. Ive tried resetting with no joy. All other appliences co

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharon_46

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016
My laptop wont connect to wifi. It has picked up signal but says no internet secured. Ive tried switching everything off and back on again. But still no joy. Ive deleted the wifi and added it again but still nothing. Can you help? Thanks

Herc08

Respectable
Aug 6, 2016
Can you provide a pciture of what it is saying? If it sees it, then it should connect, unless the router has the MAC blocked. Does it even say limited connectivity?

Sharon_46

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

Hi it does see it. It went off last night been fine for ages. I ll take a pic when i get home. Driving me crazy haha

mbarnes86

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Hi

You need to check your home internet is working correctly
using another PC, Laptop, tablet or smart phone.

before spending a lot of time trying to fix the Toshiba laptop internet connection

Did you re start the internet modem router?

regards
Mike Barnes

Sharon_46

Commendable
Dec 9, 2016

Thank you for replying. Ive not long got in. All our phones and my sons lenovo tablet/laptop is fine as well as his kindle fire. Do you think its worth taking laptop back to factory settings? Im with virgin media so shouldnt be a problem. Its been fine for good few months. Had a nightmare when i up graded to windows 10 but i sorted that. Not really sure how though haha. I ll try un plugging router again and see if that works. Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
G Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 2