My Toshiba Satellite CL15-C1310 is in a boot loop after factory reset. What do I do??

SucreLapin

Prominent
Jul 17, 2017
Last night I decided to do a factory reset on my laptop because it was running slow, apps I installed wouldn't open, and my chrome browser always crashed because of low memory. This is the second time I've reset it, and I thought it would work just fine because the first time I factory reset my laptop it went perfectly okay. I didn't lose my files, and everything was up to speed.

But once I factory reset it in my settings, (I clicked the option to delete data and apps) the reset stopped at 60% and said "Unable to Reset PC". I tried other trouble shooting options using the "0" key on my keyboard and tried to reset a couple of times, but they haven't helped me.
Since then my laptop's been stuck in a boot loop. Please help !!!

Solution
1. Factory reset/restore = erasing everything on the computer and restoring it to the state when it left the factory. This usually involves one or more recovery CDs or a recovery USB. Most likely you'll need to buy such recovery media from Toshiba.

2. Windows/system reset/restore = re-installing the OS and being able to keep certain files. This usually requires that you've made a system backup or that you select a specific reset type within Windows.

3. From your description it sounds like you've attempted a Windows reset without using a system backup. I assume you're using Windows 10 and this feature is very unstable, even in the retail version. I regret to say that unless you're willing to let the computer loop for a couple of days...
1. Factory reset/restore = erasing everything on the computer and restoring it to the state when it left the factory. This usually involves one or more recovery CDs or a recovery USB. Most likely you'll need to buy such recovery media from Toshiba.

2. Windows/system reset/restore = re-installing the OS and being able to keep certain files. This usually requires that you've made a system backup or that you select a specific reset type within Windows.

3. From your description it sounds like you've attempted a Windows reset without using a system backup. I assume you're using Windows 10 and this feature is very unstable, even in the retail version. I regret to say that unless you're willing to let the computer loop for a couple of days (48 - 72 hours), you're left with doing a factory reset - and you'll lose everything. Some posters have reported that their computers have recovered after seemingly endless restarts, so even if this sounds crazy I can't disregard the possibility that your computer just might do the same. But I doubt it.

Solution