My Toshiba satellite laptop will not load any pages I cannot open my start menu Internet none of my icons on my desktop. Can y

Plc430

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
My to Shiba satellite laptop will not open any pages. It will not open the Internet it will not open the start menu I cannot restart it. None of the desktop icons will open up nothing is happening. Can you help me please

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Sounds like it could be a virus/malware infection using up your system resources.

Hold down the power button for roughly 10 seconds to force a shutdown. When you start the computer back up, try going into Safe Mode with networking (if you can). When the computer is powered back up, scan your computer for infections. Personally, I use AVG and Malwarebytes.

free.avg.com
www.malwarebytes.com

Both offer free software.

Plc430

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Plc430

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

Thank you Reepime. I was able to get it to shut down and reopen. This time with it working. I do run Kaspersky. It found nothing. I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes, it found 31 objects. Can you run both of these at the same time?

Reepime

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Yes you can. Kaspersky (and other Anti-Virus programs) shouldn't conflict with Malwarebytes. I use AVG alongside Malwarebytes and I have customers that run Malwarebytes along side Norton, Symantec, Avast, and a few others I can't remember atm.

Just a note for Malwarebytes, they're claiming that they've upgraded the software lately to include Anti-Virus capabilities. I haven't tested it myself, but if this is the case, I'll probably be dropping my AVG and sticking with Malwarebytes from now on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mfenton27 Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 2
B Laptop Tech Support 1
W Laptop Tech Support 5
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
contactfina Laptop Tech Support 2
A Laptop Tech Support 5