My tv antenna (inside) is not picking up signal all of a sudden

Status
Not open for further replies.

belladonna0926

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011
My indoor converter box is on and my antenna is on, but when I turned the tv on this morning I see the tv channel, but there is a message that there is no signal. I don't have digital tv or a digital converter box.

Please help.

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
what you need to do is check the other channels and see if all of them are broken or just one.

perhaps the channel is experiencing technical difficulties or upgrades or whatever.

let us know if its only one channel or more than one.

belladonna0926

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2011

Hi Apprentice

It's all of the channels. I even did a channel scan. Can you think of anything else? Thanks! Belladonna0926

jamestaylor84

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I think you should install a digital antenna to get all channels properly. With the digitization of broadcasting system, it is now mandatory to use digital antenna to get perfect picture and sound quality.

Cody Fragd

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
The same thing just happened to me! All my 4-1 6-1 ect are gone. All I get is a comcast channal 13-1...all my digital over the air channals are gone! I've changed nothing. Nothing is broke. Connections ate all tight...just woke up to it this way! Wtf

Cody Fragd

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
The same thing just happened to me! All my 4-1 6-1 ect are gone. All I get is a comcast channal 13-1...all my digital over the air channals are gone! I've changed nothing. Nothing is broke. Connections ate all tight...just woke up to it this way! Wtf

Infidel1

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
I just had the same thing happen. All of the OTA channels worked for months, and then suddenly there is nothing. I am in an established neighborhood with no new construction. Same condition on all TVs in the house. I checked the antenna in my atick and it is connected and pointing in the right direction. What gives?

sherchap

Estimable
Mar 24, 2014
Did anyone ever find out what happened? Did you ever get your channels back? Cause I was getting 15+ channels and now I get none either. And nothing has changed equipment wise or tower wise. Just wondered if anyone solved the mystery.

Infidel1

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
Yes.  I have the cable connected to the antenna throughout the house and the cable company I have my internet service with (Comcast) had been supplying the local stations through the cable.  I don't think the antenna was actually supplying the signal.  It was coming through the cable along with the internet.  Comcast just began scrambling the local signals.  We reran the auto channel set up on our TV and only got two channels, both from Comcast, saying they scrambled the local channels and they would rent us a box for each TV to unscramble the local channels.  I separated the signal coming from Comcast running it to my modem for internet.  Then I reran the auto channel setup and got most of the channels back once it was coming only from the antenna.  I also installed an amplifier in the antenna cable to boost the signal and got the rest of the channels plus a couple that I didn't have before.

jnemaric

Estimable
May 12, 2014
I'm an antenna installer, and it quite often occurs that all the TVs are suddenly not receiving a signal, but the antenna is intact. The most common reason I find is that antenna has an amplifier attached to it, which requires a power source, and most commonly this has been turned off, unplugged, or removed. It goes behind one of the TVs, and plugs into a TV point and needs a power point to plug into for the power. If it is missing, then you need to buy another, usually available from an antenna retailer, like Alvin or Laceys. ( I live in Melbourne).

iam2thecrowe

Distinguished
i dont know if it's applicable elsewhere, but a while ago in Australia they turned off regular analogue TV signal completely and are only broadcasting the digital signal. Also from time to time you need to re-tune all your stations, try that.

EddyW

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014
Hi there

I am UK based and 1 week ago I was plugging in another tv in the house where a tv had previously been in and working.

Upon plugging it in it worked the first time and then I reseated the the brackets on the back of the tv and plugged it back in. The digital tv signal then stopped on all channels.

I have a mast splitter and a booster located in the house. The booster is still providing the DC voltage through the RF cable up to the mast and I replaced the splitter on the roof with still no results. I have also turned the booster on and off and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Infidel1

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013

I think you may have the booster installed in reverse. The way my booster works is it takes a signal received normally through the antenna, amplifies it, and then pushes it to the television. An antenna can only receive and amplify whatever signal is out there and make it stronger where it reaches a TV, not make the antenna stronger in receiving signals that don't reach your antenna already. If you are pushing a DC current to your mast antenna, that doesn't sound like what you want to do.

EddyW

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014

Ok, so why was it working previously and has now stopped working? Can you advise on what to get / to do to resolve this?

cdk62

Estimable
Feb 12, 2015
My answer: Reset TV to factory settings and during the setup go through another auto scan.

Same thing happened to me. I have an indoor antenna to pick up digital channels. The antenna upstairs works fine, the antenna downstairs suddenly wouldn't pick up any channels. I did repeated auto scans for channels with no luck. In the past the antenna picked up over 100 channels and auto scans now picked up nothing. And nothing in my TV setup or indoor antenna changed. And it wasn't the TV because I could still watch movies through Roku. Looked through the TV manual for troubleshooting tips, and finally decided to reset the TV to factory settings and then during the initial setup went through another auto scan and the channels were restored. Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.