My tv have 1 hdmi output. How can i connect a bluray player and mpeg4 decoder in 1 hdmi?

LegendEpic

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
Well my tv have only 1 hdmi output and i have already connected a mpeg4 decoder in that output.
I want to connect a bluray player too with hdmi but my tv support only 1 hdmi.
How can i fix that?
Can i buy a hdmi spliter or switcher?
What is the best solution for that and what about the quality? If i buy a spliter or swither the quality is gonna be the same?
How can i choise when i want to see a mpeg4 in tv and when i see my bluray? There is a button or something so i choise which hdmi port are enabled and when?

LegendEpic

Estimable
Sep 22, 2015
You are right i mean input sorry.
Well because i am new to that can you please explain me how that work? I connect my mpeg4 decoder and bluray player to that switcher and then i connect the switcher in tv with another hdmi cable and i can choise when the decoder is gonna open and when the bluray player?
Some people say that i should check the hdmi version of my tv and switcher so they can both support each other. How can i do that you have any idea?
I know many question and i am sorry about that i am new to things like that.

Rookie_MIB

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
The switcher has several inputs, and one output. The OUTPUT will go to your TV. The other INPUTS will connect to your devices (BluRay player, MP4 decoder etc). The switcher then has (I believe) a remote control which you can use to select which device will get control of the TV.