My tv is Active 3d or Passive 3d?

justice507

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
My tv is a 3d TV Sony Bravia but I have no flippin idea whether it is an Active or a Passive 3D TV. It doesnt state on the TV or anything. Where does it have information about this? I need to know becos I want to buy 3D glasses and I cant be buying the wrong one.Pls help me out. Thanks.

justice507

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
Okay thanks, but Im not at my house currently as I just left for work. But I will get back to you as soon as possible 5 hours from now. Which is abt 9pm. I apologise, just keep a lookout for my reply. Appreciate it bro. Thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Active. See here:

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/kdl-40nx710

Full HD 3D
By using high frame rate LCDs with a “frame sequential display”, Sony makes it possible to watch Full HD 3D quality video on 3D compatible BRAVIA LCD TVs. This technology involves alternately transmitting images for the left eye and right eye to the screen.

When viewed through the “active shutter glasses”, the two separate images on the shutter glasses are synchronized with the onscreen image with their Full HD quality intact, and precisely transmitted to the viewer’s eyes. The high-quality super-fine Full HD 3D images deliver unprecedented reality and presence.