My tv says no signal input when connected to hdmi

G

hi,
this is my problem when i connect my hdmi cable to my lcd philips 32" tv it says on the screen no signal imput.It has worked before but now dosen't is the cable broken but it appears to be fine

snowgoer1998

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Is the other end of that HDMI cable hooked up?

Is the correct HDMI input on the TV selected to be viewed?

Is the other end of the HDMI cable hooked up to a device that is turned on?
- If this is a laptop, is the 2nd monitor enabled?
- If desktop, is the correct monitor enabled?

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
You need to contact Philips for a firmware update. They should send you a USB drive to flash it. There is a special build number on the back panel you will have to provide for the right version. Usually it starts with A94 or A9H.

Funai-built sets have a tendancy to go senile on HDMI 1 and 2, with #3 sometimes still working. A firmware update can cure this.

jefflb1961

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2011
hi,
this is my problem when i connect my hdmi cable to my lcd philips 32" tv it says on the screen no signal imput.It has worked before but now dosen't is the cable broken but it appears to be fine

My toshiba 42" is the same way. Yesterday I watched netflix on it through the HDMI cable on my laptop, now it says no video signal

G

Hi there,im just having it say "no video signal"straight off,did you find the solution.
regards keith

neltylhk

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
hi,

I got the same problem. My configure is Gigabyte main-board with chipset
g31, display card is ATI 4350 and TV is Philips 42pfl5609. But when I changed another gigabyte main-board (AMD CPU with chipset SB600) with the same display card, it worked perfectly. After that, I changed another gigabyte main-board (Intel I3 with chipset H61), the problems occurred again. May be I can say that ATI display card with Intel Chipset is incompatible with Philips LCD TV's HDMI.

damja

Honorable
Jun 28, 2013