My vizio 4k tv looks like crap

jbc388

Commendable
Apr 29, 2016
Hi guys, i recently purchased a vizio 4k 65" tv e65e1 from vizio.com. I have connected the tv to an xfinity x1 set top box with a high speed hdmi cable, but the picture quality looks worse than my 1080p tvs around the house. I am very confused as i have messed with the picture settings many times.

Solution
You need to read reviews. It's common for lower to mid range 4k TV's to be worse at displaying 1080p than a native mid range 1080p TV. It's one of the benefits of higher end 4k TV's.

aquielisunari

Distinguished

I would call Vizio. I've had to call them once and it was a good experience. VIZIO Customer and Technical Support can be reached by calling (855) 833-3221. The VIZIO call center is open 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.

High-speed won't mean anything to them. You need to know exactly which HDMI cable you have. HDMI 2.0? A? B?

Are you positive the source media is 4K?

If Vizio can't help your next step is Comcast.

Apr 11, 2018
You’ve got to change the settings on your xfinity box. On your xfinity remote click the xfinity button> settings icon> device settings> video display> video output resolution> 16:9, 1080p60 HD. That should fix your problem