Solved! My Vostro 3560 is going black and white after using the touchpad

Vitor Gadi

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
Hello,

I've earned a Dell Vostro 3560 with Intel core i3-2370m and 4GB RAM

I'm not sure but I think this issue is caused when I do a quick moviment with the touchpad using two fingers. Heres a picture of the screen with the issue:

https://imge.to/i/vvGapT

After this, the laptop keep working normally, except for the screen. And if I suspend it the screen goes back to normal.

I've tried to replace the RAM card
Update all drivers
Uninstalled the Synaptics driver
Reinstalled Windows 10

And nothing seems to do the trick. Can anyone give a clue of what is happening?

Solution
Yes the video chip is in the CPU, it may be a screen issue, it maybe a motherboard issue. For something that old, if you can't get it fixed by just checking over the connections I would just replace it with a working system rather than buying parts or paying someone to fix it. A used model like that should be about $150-200 depending on RAM and drive in it.
If drivers and windows don't fix this, that points to a hardware issue, screen connection is loose or bad, video card is bad. Does the screen change how it looks like if you move the screen around? This only happens when you swipe with two fingers on the touchpad?

Vitor Gadi

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014
If drivers and windows don't fix this, that points to a hardware issue, screen connection is loose or bad, video card is bad. Does the screen change how it looks like if you move the screen around? This only happens when you swipe with two fingers on the touchpad?

Hello, thanks for the support.

I've a question: By the video card you mean the integrated video, right? If it haves a video problem means that I've to change de CPU?

Thanks a lot,

Vitor.

Vitor Gadi

Estimable
Oct 4, 2014

Sorry, I forgot to answer the other questions.

When I move the screen nothing changes, I think that's not a flat cable problem.

At a first moment it seem to be a touchpad related issue but now it looks more a random issue.

Yes the video chip is in the CPU, it may be a screen issue, it maybe a motherboard issue. For something that old, if you can't get it fixed by just checking over the connections I would just replace it with a working system rather than buying parts or paying someone to fix it. A used model like that should be about $150-200 depending on RAM and drive in it.

Solution