My wifi adapter and headphones make buzzing noise

llalke80

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
My headphones have been making annoying buzzing noise for a few months now.I tried connecting them to other devices and I didnt have same problem.I realised my wifi adapter is making alot louder buzzing noise.Also,when I disconect adapter,headphones stop making noise.Is there way I can fix this problem or I need to buy new adapter?

Solution
May be interference.

I believe that you are using a wireless USB adapter - is that correct?

If so, try using an USB extension cable to move the USB wifi adapter out, up, and otherwise away from the headphone's port.

The next thing I will suggest is to gently wiggle the adapter and headphone plugs while the buzzing is occurring.

Be sure that the plugs are fully and firmly in place. Look for debris inside the ports.

If the buzzing stops and starts when the plugs are wiggled then there is likely some cross connection allowing current to flow into the headphones.

May be interference.

I believe that you are using a wireless USB adapter - is that correct?

If so, try using an USB extension cable to move the USB wifi adapter out, up, and otherwise away from the headphone's port.

The next thing I will suggest is to gently wiggle the adapter and headphone plugs while the buzzing is occurring.

Be sure that the plugs are fully and firmly in place. Look for debris inside the ports.

If the buzzing stops and starts when the plugs are wiggled then there is likely some cross connection allowing current to flow into the headphones.

Solution
Sep 8, 2018
I realize that, but since I came here today through online searching looking for the same answer until discovered it myself through troubleshooting I thought I would help others possibly in the same boat since a working solution was not yet posted. Isn’t this why a thread exists?

Reactions: oll