my windows 7 does no connect to my college wifi while others do why ?...

Arjun Malhotra

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
my windows does not connnect to the wifi :( while others laptop does connect
mine connect sometimes but immediately disconnected why? any solution guys pls help :[ :{{
does anyone hack it in my lan ? or something else i also installed new windows :(
and i think my network card is working properly because it connects to my phones wifi:( ppls help

Solution
Might be your wireless card then. If it can't stay connected and has low bars, it generally means your WiFi card is crappy or defective. At home you might be closer to the router than you are at school, and if your WiFi card is not very good then that might be a reason as well.

Episodic

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
I'm not sure if all colleges do this, but for mine you need to install a 3rd party application before being allowed full access to the internet provided by the school. I have to install some Cisco application that provides an extra layer of security, it's annoying but their rules so I don't have a choice. I would suggest going to the I.T desk in your school, fastest solution if you don't want to troubleshoot it yourself, or ask your friends if they did anything special to connect to the internet.

Episodic

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Might be your wireless card then. If it can't stay connected and has low bars, it generally means your WiFi card is crappy or defective. At home you might be closer to the router than you are at school, and if your WiFi card is not very good then that might be a reason as well.

Solution