my xperia z1 vibrates 3 times when i try to turn it on and wont turn on

dylan2kxx

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Ive only had my phone about a week and i tried to put a sim into it and it reset and now when i try to turn it on it vibrates 3 times and doesnt do anything please HELP

P.S i have a z1 so i cant remove the battery

Tcheller Martins

Estimable
May 9, 2014

My friend, it happened with me and in my case I am sure it was caused by water even with the covers closed properly the water goes where it shoud not go. After my phone died I put It to charge and the sony logo appeared and started to charge normaly but when i tried to turn it on the phone would vibrate 3 times and start all over again on the charging screen.

The only solution was to use a hair dryer, First step: take your sim card and memory card out of the device sou the air can circulate better. Now use the hair dryer in the hot mode, becareful not to damage getting it too close to the phone but know that it should get hot enough to vaporize the water inside so it has to get a high temperature.

Move the hair dryer heating all sides of the phone and inside where you opened the covers. I had to do it for a long time to make it work again. the phone is working fine now, just as it was before.

Dont believe sony about been waterproof, it can become an expensive nightmare, only use in water if you really need, many people are having problem even with covers well closed and if you still do it, make sure you don´t press the power or volume buttons under water.

I hope it works for you!!

Hans Jowaheer

Estimable
Dec 13, 2014

i need your help. it happends to me also my phone is not turning on. how many times or how long have you use the hair dryer :S

Yishikura

Estimable
Dec 26, 2014

I also had this issue. I removed the SIM card and memory card, and used the hair dryer to get rid of any moisture trapped inside the phone. I used the hair dryer for around 2 minutes while all the covers were open and making sure I got all the sides. Just be careful not to overheat and damage the phone as it heats up really quickly.

You might have to reboot the system after drying your phone. You can do that by pressing the little button located near where you fit in the SIM card. I held it down for around 10 seconds then tried turning on the power.

*Also, this hair dryer method helped remove the moisture trapped near the camera lens. Good luck.

juanoo

Estimable
Jan 2, 2015
I had the same problem. I took two pictures under water and then suddenly they were not saved and cellphone (i have the xperia z1 compact) turned off. the camera looked with humidity inside so I opened the covers and I saw water inside so I tried to drink (absorbe (im not sure the verb)) the water with my mouth and I got a lot of water from inside the phone... After doing that the humidity from the camera went out but the phone still didnt work. Then I removed the sim and memory card i opened the covers and use the hair dryer for not so long, then I tried again with no results... then I left the phone with the covers open and after one hour I tried again and the phone started normally (probably the water had been gone)... Also I press the red button to turned off in the middle of all this..

so in a few words just try to dry it and be patient

Conjobman

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015

I had the same problem, tried the hair dryer first for ages but didn't work. I used the hoover and worked within 2 mins. I just used my hand to cover and narrow the hole on end of the hoover hose, then placed the phone with the open sides in the gap, I could almost hear the water getting sucked out :S

But it worked. Persistence is Key ;)

azharbhai

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015

This happened to me too. I have xperia z1, which is just 5 months old. I was testing the water proof feature on the phone. I put it in water for just 30 seconds and the water did it work. It was working fine when in water. I removed it from water and put it aside and went out. When I cam back and I was surprised to see that its not booting up. The same issue as mentioned, the phone was vibrating 3 times when I pressed the power button. The xperia logo would just come and after few seconds the screen went blank. The LED was orange, the charging screen showed 60% n still charging wen connected to charger.

The LED turned blue when connected to PC but no luck, I can only feel 3 vibrations.

But this solution worked, it was due to water that went into the phone. I don't have a hair dryer, but I opened all the flaps(covers of sim, charger, and sd card) sucked these openings hard for some time. almost 20-30 seconds. Then I pressed the power button and, thank god, a small singe vibration and it started booting. The lollipop logo came up and I was relieved.

Don't blow air in if you don't have a dryer. I'll go to my friends home to get it dried with the dryer. Thanks a lot for your immense help bro. You gave me a life as this was the exact issue with my phone.

I'll take care before putting it into water again.

antsik

Estimable
Jun 26, 2015
I had the same problem with my Z1 Compact. It shut down after I had been out and riding my motorcycle in the rain. The phon wouldn't start again and I just got three "vibes". After opening up all flaps and using the vacuum cleaner about 15-20 seconds in all openings it finally came came into life again. Many thanks for the help!

azharbhai

Estimable
Jun 24, 2015

rclfast

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015

Unfortunately, my Sony Z1 Compact had same issue. It went about a foor under water for three seconds with all flaps securely closed. I've tried everything: Hair dryer, vacuum, push and holding red button inside of flap, holding down volume up and powe button and nothing has worked. It doesn't connect to computer either. My phone still vibrates three times when plugged in. It's been over two weeks of this. Help please

kt999

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015

How would you know if you got it too hot to the point of damaging it?

cheebc

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
I'm having exactly the same problem. At 1st I try using bags of silica gel covering it while keep all the flap open, after a day still not working, then I use hair dryer, blowing for few mins, didnt work so I use vacuum cleaner, then my Z1 come to live again.

xperiauserz3c

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
OMG the hairdryer thing actually worked for me!! It did not work after a few minutes, but then left the hairdryer for another 4-5 mins, not too close, but close enough, and now its ON!!!!! Sony Xperia Z3 Compact.

anit23

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

I'm facing the exact same issue with my Z3 right now. I replaced the sim and I guess accidentally reset it by pressing the yellow button and now its on a loop of 3 vibrations.