Mystery LG Phone Up Against Nexus S, iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I'd much rather have an LCD than a battery killing Super AMOLED. Compare the battery benchmarks from the iPhone and Droid series to the Galaxy S. There's a huge gap.

Kileak

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Should change the name soon to Tom's Phoneware considering like 60% of the news linked from this place are related to fricking phones...

saturnus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
The power consumption for the Super AMOLED is for a full white screen at maximum brightness.

During normal use the average power consumption is 320mW, and even less when used with Gingerbread which is specifically optimized for AMOLED displays.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
Looks nice and it's about time. LG has so far completely missed the smartphone boat, unlike their arch rival, Samsung.

After a decent Windows 7 phone, this could be their redemption for Android, the platform where the true money is being made (iOS is off limits and Windows Phone has a slim share of the market at best).

goldeknob

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]I'd much rather have an LCD than a battery killing Super AMOLED. Compare the battery benchmarks from the iPhone and Droid series to the Galaxy S. There's a huge gap.[/citation]

I'd rather have a AMOLED android phone, with a 4" screen, that I can buy a extra battery for less than $10, than a lcd iphone that doesn't even have a memory card slot much less removable battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.