NAS File Shredder? Is There One That Works?

DawgMach1

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
I hope this isn't a repost, I did search the forums and didn't see a match...

I have a WD MyCloud NAS that I'm sending back to WD under warranty for a replacement. I have backed up my data from the NAS and now I want to shred the files. I've looked high and low, but almost all of the programs will only recognize / see drives / files that are mounted in the PC (local drives). There was one qnap NAS program under a google search, but I'm pretty sure that was a hack site (lots of misspelled words, 1980's style webpage, etc...).

So, can anyone recommend a file shredding program that will shred files located on a NAS (network attached storage)?

Thanks!

DawgMach1

Honorable
Dec 30, 2012
The NAS has an ethernet connection, not a USB as the interface. Since this is being returned under warranty, I don't want to crack open the housing to access the HDD directly, otherwise I void the warranty and cost myself $212.00. I have tried most free ware and trial versions to see if they will access the NAS, so far no luck.

I know there has to be a solution out there that doesn't require me to pull the HDD from its housing, just haven't found it yet.