Need a laptop for my child who mainly plays flash games.

Aug 10, 2017
I want to get my little sister a laptop for her birthday since she can't play the games her friends play which require flash, and her iPad doesn't have flash. She would use my mom's laptop, but she doesnt want her on it since it's her work laptop.

She mostly plays flash games on sites like Disney/Nickelodeon, one game called Moviestarplanet and dress up games.

She also likes to listen to music while playing these games. She also likes to watch Youtube.

There is one game she does play that isn't flash, it's called Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.

My budget is anywhere from $500 below. I don't mind going up to $600.

Any suggestions?

Solution
your requirements are pretty low so pretty much any laptop will do the trick. i'd suggest getting the best cpu and amount of ram you can get for your budget. even an IGP would be plenty good enough for those simple flash games so a "gaming" laptop with a dedicated gpu is not needed here. $5-600 should get you a pretty good laptop with an i3 cpu and a solid 8 gb or ram. the rest is icing on the cake.

for example, here is a nice hp with even a 1080p screen for under $500 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9JJ5RT7208

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
your requirements are pretty low so pretty much any laptop will do the trick. i'd suggest getting the best cpu and amount of ram you can get for your budget. even an IGP would be plenty good enough for those simple flash games so a "gaming" laptop with a dedicated gpu is not needed here. $5-600 should get you a pretty good laptop with an i3 cpu and a solid 8 gb or ram. the rest is icing on the cake.

for example, here is a nice hp with even a 1080p screen for under $500 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9JJ5RT7208

Solution

SoggyTissue

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
simple flash games = 2 cores used. - most apps/mp3/youtube/voip also.
tycoon is a client game = 4 cores used.

as MathGeek says, best bet is an I3 with 8GB ram
if you got the option of ssd (keeping it cheap?) then its performance will be quite suprisingly good.