Need a new laptop!

anniet151

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
Hey everyone!
I need this laptop for everyday computing, I am entering my last year of university so it needs to be reliable for assignments but I also like to watch a lot of movies/shows online. I also move around a lot so something durable yet handy would be best.
I don't know if I should go with a mac (mainly for protection against viruses) or one of these asus laptops:
ASUS VivoBook S550CA
N56VJ
ASUS Transformer Book Flip TP500LN
N56VZ
can you help me rank them from best to worst

Solution
Here is a comparison from the Asus site.

http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Compare/

I would go for the Book Flip, it has a lot better graphics, it may have a better CPU depending upon the version you get. The Book Flip also has Windows 8.1 while the VivoBook only has 8. Its not a huge difference but it is better to have. You can always update Windows though I suppose. Other than that there aren't really any other huge differences other than depending on the model the Book Flip may have more storage space. If you can find a Book Flip model that has an i5 or i7 CPU (not an i3, trust me there not worth shit) then the Book Flip is the way to go, otherwise get the VivoBook. Hope this helped.

EndGamerGuy

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Here is a comparison from the Asus site.

http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Compare/

I would go for the Book Flip, it has a lot better graphics, it may have a better CPU depending upon the version you get. The Book Flip also has Windows 8.1 while the VivoBook only has 8. Its not a huge difference but it is better to have. You can always update Windows though I suppose. Other than that there aren't really any other huge differences other than depending on the model the Book Flip may have more storage space. If you can find a Book Flip model that has an i5 or i7 CPU (not an i3, trust me there not worth shit) then the Book Flip is the way to go, otherwise get the VivoBook. Hope this helped.

Solution

EndGamerGuy

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
Forgot to mention the Mac's, sorry. In my opinion a Mac is not what your looking for. I would stick with Windows PC's. Also you can get a pretty good damn laptop for a lot cheaper than a Macbook.

EndGamerGuy

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
I have an Asus gaming laptop, although it is quite different from these class of Asus products they are from the same manufacturer. In terms of durability laptops aren't always as solid as bricks, but mine has been dropped and banged off the wall so many times I've lost count, it has a few scuffs, but other than that it's in good condition. I even dropped it down the stairs once, thank God I closed the lid or my screen would of broke off, but again its still in perfect-working order, still solid, and only minor scuffs.