Need advice on a new DSLR

techmaniac1991

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
I have the Nikon d3200 and it's a great camera, it does the job for now. I do web design and development and I'm still at college. I offer photography in packages for clients, taking pictures of their Businesses and themselves of course. For that the Nikon is fine, but what I want is a full frame DSLR. I also enjoy astrophotography, the nikon is ok at it but I would prefer a full frame sensor. What is the best full frame sensor DSLR, Nikon or Canon in the £1000 range. It doesn't need to come with a lens, the body would be fine. I heard Canons are great for astrophotography, I just want a camera that has best of both worlds, So I can sell the Nikon and just stick to the one camera for everything. Thanks.

techmaniac1991

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

Thanks for the reply. I looked around quite a bit and came to a conclusion, I will be going for the Nikon D750, Looks like an amazing camera, and the lcd which can be took out and moved about is perfect for video too. Plus I might as well stick to Nikon since I already have a few lenses. Thanks.

Good idea! Yes the D750 is a great camera, and as you stated you can still use your Nikon lenses. Nikon has not changed their mount over several years. I can still use Nikon lenses that I bought 30 years ago, in the latest bodies; but I do know that I lose some features like Auto-Focus and have to allow for picture size (scaled down).

One word of caution - You will see widely differing prices. This is because of the "Grey Market:" products. Grey market products are the same products without any warranty! I do not recommend grey market products.