Need advice on new HDTV

street1030

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I currently have a 32" Sharp Aquos 60 Hertz 1080p LCD HDTV that is fairly old (3+ years.) I'm thinking of upgrading to a 32-42" 120+ hertz LED HDTV but I don't keep track of what brands and models are good. I would be using it to connect my pc, xbox 360, and ps3 to.

elvenkieth

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
Japanese brands like sony and sharp fell from the world's most selling tvs for the last few years and Samsung and LG have got the top spots and Sammy is the #1 in the US. That's why I bought one of the Sammy's 7 series last year which I'm not really happy with right now. Almost all the TVs now are internet connected and 3D capable. I didn't know anything about it at all and why I felt dizzy while watching 3D movies on the TV. Now that I know there are different 3D TV technologies, i would recommend you get a passive 3D TV not sammy's active 3D TV.

ryantlrr

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012

I have a LG Cinema 3D TV from last year. Don't know if it's active or passive but dizziness has never happened to me.

mspear22

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011

The one that you have is a Passive 3D TV, the same way as you watch in movie theaters. I guess that's why LG named it Cinema 3D TV. You might feel dizzy or nauseous while watching an active 3D TV because the shutter glasses keep flickering and it gets slower as the batteries run out. And electromagnetic wave from the active 3d glasses might have something to do with it.