Need advise about choosing a camera

MooneyK

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
Hi all i looking to buy a camera just to record like dawn i the woods in hd thats able to record bird sounds and that.from looking around everybody on about shotgun mics for the sound which is more important in this case but the amount of different cameras and prices got my head spinning.
can anyone who knows about this stuff please simplify this for me .cheers

Solution

Your budget is too small. Double it at least. You are looking for a DSLR, lets, high quality mic, tripod and a lens at a minimum.

I suggest you scour ebay, craigslist and amazon for used deals.

Do NOT get any Canon (including the Canon 60d) they are NOT good in low light. Up until the just released Canon 80d, Canon's sensor performance is well off what you got from Nikon, Sony or Pentax.
http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-D5200-versus-Canon-EOS-60D___850_663
ISO and to a degree DR are the most important for low light.

I would suggest you expand your budget if you can, or save up if you can't...

BZRKturbo

Commendable
May 10, 2016

is your budget in USD? seems like you want a DSLR for simi night video and night pictures?

bjornl

Estimable

Your budget is too small. Double it at least. You are looking for a DSLR, lets, high quality mic, tripod and a lens at a minimum.

I suggest you scour ebay, craigslist and amazon for used deals.

Do NOT get any Canon (including the Canon 60d) they are NOT good in low light. Up until the just released Canon 80d, Canon's sensor performance is well off what you got from Nikon, Sony or Pentax.
http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-D5200-versus-Canon-EOS-60D___850_663
ISO and to a degree DR are the most important for low light.

I would suggest you expand your budget if you can, or save up if you can't. If you have an itch to act NOW NOW NOW, browse ebay, craigslist and amazon.com for used deals. The Nikon d3200 and d5200 are fairly common, cheap and have lots of stuff available; you won't get it all done for 250-400, but if you get a body and basic lens only you might get enough to get started.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS