Need Barebones RAID 1 for $1500

ToySoldier

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2002
Anyone know where I can get a cheap RAID 1 Notebook for about $1500 ?

I'll even get one off eBay if someone can direct me to an older model # that can do RAID 1

Thanks

ToySoldier

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2002
Yes... just a barebones is fine. I can install the hard drives (40gb x2)... and ram (512mb) by purchasing from NewEgg or ZipZoomFly. Screensize or Rez does not matter... or 3D gaming for that matter. I have a funny feeling only laptops with 17" have RAID 1 capability.

All I'm using it for is to log customer info into QuickBooks Premier Retail
Edition 2007 when I'm on the road and maybe print an invoice. Fault Tolerance is my most important feature. I need a copy of the customer data in the event the main hard drive fails... so RAID 1 is perfect for my needs. Eliminates the chore of backing up my hardrive(s) every day.

As a goof... I'll probably play "low level" 3D games like Age of Mythology or Temple of Elemental Evil to kill time at the airport... so a shared "3D capable" like a ATI X700...or better should be good enough. It would be a nice touch if I could upgrade it down the road with a MXM upgrade but it's not necessary.

I think I found a CLEVO that will do the trick! I just stumbled acrossed it an hour ago.... the Clevo M570U-A according to Rjtech.com I can buy a barebones for $899.00 and choose his upgrades or pick my own from a 3rd party vendor like NewEgg. Even with choosing his upgrades, I can get what I need for $1400 w/o operating system. I have an xtra business license for Win XP Pro :
http://www.rjtech.com/m570ua.htm

If you know a better option please share the wealth. Actually... I had a HELL of a time finding this deal. It's given me an idea to build these things and target small business owners who have my same need without having to spend $3,000+ through vendors like Alienware or DELL

TRENDING THREADS