Need driver remover software!!! Please HELP!

NITRO1250

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2006
Ok, after upgrading my system with a new motherboard/CPU/RAM, I just dropped in everything with the same windows xp install. I know this is risky, but eveything works... except for the network card. There seems to be a confliction with the old network card driver with the new one, meaning I can't connect to the router. Can anyone recommend a free system driver cleaner program that would help me fix this? It is ok if it removes everything and has Windows XP reinstall everything, I just want this fixed so I don't have to reinstall WinXP again. I just did it about a month ago and it was like 2 days of installing! Thanks in advance!

System:
Intel QX6700 Quad Core
ASUS Stryker Extreme mobo
1GB RAM DDR800
eVGA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB

dokk

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2006
Can you not see the old driver in add/remove programs???
If that dosen't work go to device manager and remove the device,reboot then turn it off in the bios,remove driver,,this is a good time for a registry cleaner, reboot,, turn on in bios,, install new driver,the best driver remover is "the user"..:))
BTW... The only time one might get away with "just dropping everything" into a given 'puter is when both mobo's have the same or nearly identical chipset,
I do it all the time,but too,, I have ghost ,just in case...??