Need Help Choosing A Laptop

Wenzel23

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Hello, thanks for taking your time to come to my thread and read my thread. I have recently been looking into getting a laptop since I am going away to college this year. I have decided not to take my large desktop to college. I have been looking at laptops to use for schoolwork, multimedia, as well as probably some gaming when I have some extra time. I have looked and researched into some notebooks. Though i do not have much experience with laptops since I have never owned or had a reason to own one until now. Through my own research I narrowed it down to two laptops, and wanted a community decision between the two. Although if you feel there is a better choice than the two I have chosen feel free to share your opinion on what i should get including an explanation for your opinion. Anyways the two Laptops I myself narrowed it down too is the Asus G750JW and the new MSI GS70. My budget is approximately $1,500 Canadian. Thanks for reading, feel free to share your opinions.

Solution
Both laptops are very capable of playing games. Both are very large in size as well and heavy. If you are planning to carry it around you will probably tire of it. If you are using a laptop for school I would suggest you look at a 15.6 size screen not a 17.3 screen. It will be portable. Of your 2 choices the MSI GS70 is a very hot running machine. I would go for the other.

lantrich

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
Both laptops are very capable of playing games. Both are very large in size as well and heavy. If you are planning to carry it around you will probably tire of it. If you are using a laptop for school I would suggest you look at a 15.6 size screen not a 17.3 screen. It will be portable. Of your 2 choices the MSI GS70 is a very hot running machine. I would go for the other.

Solution

Wenzel23

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Thanks for the opinion on the two laptops. I'm 6'7 225lbs so I am not super worried about the weight of them. I understand it will be a heavier unit but I am willing to risk that for some performance gains. In the end I will probably be using an Everki backpack to lug it around. I do understand where you are coming from though.

lantrich

Honorable
Dec 20, 2012
I would go with the Asus G750. If I remember right it has the newer processor which means it runs cooler. One of the problems that the IPads have is they run hot. So if you are putting a laptop on your legs or have it near you it may tend to be hot and that I hat I read on the MSI laptop. Always go look at the reviews on anything you buy. Find out what others think.

Wenzel23

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on the heat issue. Right now I am definitely leaning towards the Asus G750. I always do loom at reviews for everything I but I made this thread to like you said find out what others think.